What is meant by "sexual health"?
Sexual health refers to the many factors that impact sexual function and reproduction. These include a variety of physical, mental, and emotional factors. Disorders that affect any of these factors can impact a person’s physical and emotional health, as well as his or her relationships and self-image.
What are the issues that affect sexual health?Common sexual health disorders include:
- Reproductive system disorders, including cancer
- Infertility problems
- Gynecologic problems, including endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and premenstrual syndrome
- Urinary system problems, including incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction (ED), painful intercourse, and loss of sexual desire
- Concerns regarding "normal" or acceptable sexual behavior and lifestyles
- Birth control
- Teen sex